Politics,Climate Change and Sundry issues

Politics,Climate Change and Sundry issues
for website listing my blogs : http://winstonclosepolitics.com

Saturday 31 January 2015

God I love Australians - The AIM Network

God I love Australians - The AIM Network



God I love Australians














We are an apathetic bunch who would rather watch sport than talk
politics.  We would rather have a barbie than a bi-election.  We would
rather go to the beach than the polling booth.  But push us too far and
bear the consequences, as Campbell Newman found out this evening and as
Dennis Napthine found out a few weeks ago.



I am 57 years old (same as Tony) and I have always had a passing
interest in politics but, until Tony Abbott became LOTO, I was never
passionate about it.  He changed all that.  Tony made me realise that I
had to get off my bum and do something to help protect my country from
the pillage and plunder that he is proposing.



I am just a middle aged woman in jammies but I cannot sit back and
watch my country sold off to the highest bidder.  In fact it isn’t even
the highest bidder who necessarily gets the nod.



Tony Abbott views our assets as his to distribute to his mates as he
pleases.  He gives jobs to friends like Christmas presents like offering
his close personal friend, The Australian newspaper’s Greg Sheridan,
the plum posting of high commissioner to Singapore after the 2013
election despite him having no qualifications or experience to recommend
him for the job.



And that same attitude was shown by Campbell Newman who so incensed
the people of Queensland that they reversed the biggest election win in
the history of the country to say piss off….enough is enough.



It is now up to every one of us to stand up to protect the country we
love, to protect our children’s future, to protect the way of life our
parents fought hard to provide for us.  We can no longer trust
politicians (if we ever could) to do what is in our best interests.  We
have to tell them no, you may not do this.  Our common wealth is not
yours to dispose of as you please.



To the people of Victoria, and even more so, to you amazing
Queenslanders who delivered a result no-one expected, I say thank you. 
You have stood up in the first line of defence to stop the
corporatization of our nation.  You have slapped down those who think
wealth and power gives them the right to dictate to us, to wring
whatever profit they can from us with no thought to the consequences of
their greed.  I can only hope that the people of NSW show the same
courage and determination to stop Mike Baird from destroying our
farmland and water and gifting our public land to developers.



And to Tony Abbott, I look forward to your address to the National Press Gallery on Monday with gleeful anticipation.












No comments:

Post a Comment